single slice rootdg not supported anymore - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on single slice rootdg not supported anymore - Veritas Volume Manager ; According to the Sun hotline, a rootdg which consists of a single slice is not supported anymore as of vxvm version 3.0.4 and up; hence rootdg must be a whole disk. Can this be confirmed through other channels??...

  1. single slice rootdg not supported anymore

    According to the Sun hotline, a rootdg which consists of a single slice is
    not supported anymore as of vxvm version 3.0.4 and up; hence rootdg must
    be a whole disk.

    Can this be confirmed through other channels??

  2. Re: single slice rootdg not supported anymore

    what a load of crap!

    "Gert" wrote:

    >According to the Sun hotline, a rootdg which consists of a single slice

    is
    >not supported anymore as of vxvm version 3.0.4 and up; hence rootdg must
    >be a whole disk.
    >
    >Can this be confirmed through other channels??

  3. Re: single slice rootdg not supported anymore

    I have single slice rootdg configured for bothe v3.04 and v3.1
    without any problem.

    "Gert" wrote:

    >According to the Sun hotline, a rootdg which consists of a single slice

    is
    >not supported anymore as of vxvm version 3.0.4 and up; hence rootdg must
    >be a whole disk.
    >
    >Can this be confirmed through other channels??

  4. Re: single slice rootdg not supported anymore

    I have always understood that you can only have one disk group per disk, but
    many disks can be in one disk group. I thought that this has always
    been true.

    Jeff

    "sjen" wrote:

    >I have single slice rootdg configured for bothe v3.04 and v3.1
    >without any problem.
    >
    >"Gert" wrote:
    >>
    >>According to the Sun hotline, a rootdg which consists of a single slice

    >is
    >>not supported anymore as of vxvm version 3.0.4 and up; hence rootdg must
    >>be a whole disk.
    >>
    >>Can this be confirmed through other channels??

+ Reply to Thread