Root encapsulation and UFS logging - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Root encapsulation and UFS logging - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have not been able to root encapsulation and enabling UFS logging. The goal to elminate fsck on root partition. Solaris 8 6/00 VxVm 3.04 Thanks Michael...

  1. Root encapsulation and UFS logging

    I have not been able to root encapsulation and enabling UFS logging.
    The goal to elminate fsck on root partition.

    Solaris 8 6/00
    VxVm 3.04

    Thanks
    Michael

  2. Re: Root encapsulation and UFS logging

    One of the boot time volume restriction is:
    "rootvol, swapvol and usr cannot be dirty region logging volumes"
    More info at this link.

    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...ct%3DVOLUMEMAN

    Michael Donelson wrote:
    >I have not been able to root encapsulation and enabling UFS logging.
    >The goal to elminate fsck on root partition.
    >
    >Solaris 8 6/00
    >VxVm 3.04
    >
    >Thanks
    >Michael