Adding Drives to Sun Netras - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Adding Drives to Sun Netras - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a Netra 1125 with 4 18GB drives set up as JBOD's, Is it possible to add a drive to the system without a reboot. If so, can I configure the drive to Veritas also without a reboot.... There ...

  1. Adding Drives to Sun Netras

    I have a Netra 1125 with 4 18GB drives set up as JBOD's, Is it possible to
    add a drive to the system without a reboot. If so, can I configure the drive
    to Veritas also without a reboot....

    There is no Raid hardware here....

    Thanks Tim C

  2. Re: Adding Drives to Sun Netras

    "tim carroll" wrote:
    >I have a Netra 1125 with 4 18GB drives set up as JBOD's, Is it possible

    >add a drive to the system without a reboot. If so, can I configure the drive
    >to Veritas also without a reboot....
    >
    >There is no Raid hardware here....
    >
    > Thanks Tim C

    I'm not overly familiar with all the Sun Netra H/W (is it a new or old model
    ?), but if the H/W supports hot-plugging, then you could try :

    # drvconfig
    # disks
    # devlinks

    This will re-check all buses and build a device tree for any added disks.

    Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread