volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi Could any one let me know if the license key of the volume manager is attached to the hostid or the hostname ? I have lost my license key and I plan to reinstall volume manager on my server ...

  1. volume manager

    Hi
    Could any one let me know if the license key of the volume manager is
    attached to the hostid or the hostname ? I have lost my license key and
    I plan to reinstall volume manager on my server could any one help
    me in doing this please ?

    thanks
    rt

  2. Re: volume manager

    1. License key is attached to hostid.
    2. The files in directory /etc/vx/elm will hold the license keys. This directory
    will be intact even if you de-install the volume manager.
    3. If system is already running with VM, check the license using either "vxserial
    -p" or "vxlicense -p"
    4. To be safe, copy the /etc/vx/elm directory, remove VM and install latest
    VM. See the /etc/vx/elm and if everything OK, then you need not install the
    license again.

    "rt" wrote:

    >Hi
    >Could any one let me know if the license key of the volume manager is
    >attached to the hostid or the hostname ? I have lost my license key and

    >I plan to reinstall volume manager on my server could any one help
    >me in doing this please ?
    >
    >thanks
    >rt

  3. Re: volume manager

    Well, the serial number forms ask for the Hostid of your system when you submit
    it, so I'd presume it is generated for it. But if you're only reinstalling
    on your system.... the license key file should still be there. Otherwise
    check your backups for the license file as well.

    John

    "rt" wrote:

    >Hi
    >Could any one let me know if the license key of the volume manager is
    >attached to the hostid or the hostname ? I have lost my license key and

    >I plan to reinstall volume manager on my server could any one help
    >me in doing this please ?
    >
    >thanks
    >rt

+ Reply to Thread