A3500 with Veritas VM - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on A3500 with Veritas VM - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi! I'm about to set up a Sun E4500 server with an A3500 StoreEdge disk array. The disk array includes two RAID controllers. If I install Veritas VM do get full advantage of these RAID controllers ? If not, is ...

  1. A3500 with Veritas VM

    Hi!
    I'm about to set up a Sun E4500 server with an A3500
    StoreEdge disk array. The disk array includes two RAID
    controllers. If I install Veritas VM do get full
    advantage of these RAID controllers ?

    If not, is it possible to use Suns RAID manager and
    then Veritas FS ontop ?
    I need the snapshot functionallity.

    Thanks in advance!
    //Dan Erik Ollas

  2. Re: A3500 with Veritas VM

    "Dan Erik Ollas" wrote:

    >Hi!
    >I'm about to set up a Sun E4500 server with an A3500
    >StoreEdge disk array. The disk array includes two RAID
    >controllers. If I install Veritas VM do get full
    >advantage of these RAID controllers ?
    >
    >If not, is it possible to use Suns RAID manager and
    >then Veritas FS ontop ?
    >I need the snapshot functionallity.
    >
    >Thanks in advance!
    >//Dan Erik Ollas

    Yes, your best solution is to use Raid Manager to set-up the LUNs in whichever
    RAID level you require (the boxes are built for optimal RAID 5 performance),
    and then drag the LUNs into VxVM just like any other disk, and use them as
    you wish. (Just don't make VxVM RAID 5 them again, as I had one customer
    doing !!!!!

    Darren

+ Reply to Thread