Resizing a volume using volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Resizing a volume using volume manager - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, I understand that resizing a Unix volume can be done using Veritas Volume Manager. The qn is: Must the underlying file system be Veritas File System? Can I still resize the Unix volume if it is plain ufs (Solaris)? ...

  1. Resizing a volume using volume manager

    Hi,

    I understand that resizing a Unix volume can be done using Veritas Volume
    Manager.

    The qn is: Must the underlying file system be Veritas File System? Can I
    still resize the Unix volume if it is plain ufs (Solaris)?

    TIA for any reply!

  2. Re: Resizing a volume using volume manager

    > Can I still resize the Unix volume if it is plain ufs (Solaris)?

    Solaris UFS can be grown but not shrunk.

    --
    Calle Dybedahl, Vasav. 82, S-175 32 Jaerfaella,SWEDEN | calle@lysator.liu.se

+ Reply to Thread