Licensing - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Licensing - Veritas Volume Manager ; We have an E5000. Until last June, we had an SSA for storage. We now have a D1000 and an A1000. Apparently Sun gave us only a temporary license key when the consultant installed the new storage units and removed ...

  1. Licensing

    We have an E5000. Until last June, we had an SSA for storage. We now have
    a D1000 and an A1000. Apparently Sun gave us only a temporary license key
    when the consultant installed the new storage units and removed the old SSA.
    We found this out the hard way by rebooting with an expired license key.
    We now have another temporary key, but Sun wants to sell us a new license
    at a cost of 13,600 CHF (We are in Switzerland). Sun tells us they didn't
    realize there would be a problem, now it is a 13,600 fix!

    It seems to me that if we had a permanent license for the SSA, we should
    be able to transfer it to the new storage unit.

    Any thoughts or similiar experience? Anyone know if we should be able to
    transer this? Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Licensing

    Am 10/2/00, 12:16:33 PM, napisał "Bruce Purcell"
    na temat Licensing:

    > We have an E5000. Until last June, we had an SSA for storage. We now have
    > a D1000 and an A1000. Apparently Sun gave us only a temporary license key
    > when the consultant installed the new storage units and removed the old

    SSA.
    > We found this out the hard way by rebooting with an expired license key.
    > We now have another temporary key, but Sun wants to sell us a new license
    > at a cost of 13,600 CHF (We are in Switzerland). Sun tells us they didn't
    > realize there would be a problem, now it is a 13,600 fix!

    > It seems to me that if we had a permanent license for the SSA, we should
    > be able to transfer it to the new storage unit.

    > Any thoughts or similiar experience? Anyone know if we should be able to
    > transer this? Thanks in advance.

    License for E5000 is free!!! for D1000 - you must buy it

    With E5000 you can install VxVM on array and boot disk and its mirrors

+ Reply to Thread