errors on installing VM after RM. - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on errors on installing VM after RM. - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, after installing VM 3.0.4 on top of Raid Manager 6.1.1u2,the following errors are noticed. warning:forceload of drv/atf failed. warning:forceload of drv/pln failed. anybody knows if this is caused by A1000/Raid Manager or is this normal..??? ay help would be ...

  1. errors on installing VM after RM.

    Hello,
    after installing VM 3.0.4 on top of Raid Manager 6.1.1u2,the following errors
    are noticed.
    warning:forceload of drv/atf failed.
    warning:forceload of drv/pln failed.

    anybody knows if this is caused by A1000/Raid Manager or is this normal..???
    ay help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: errors on installing VM after RM.

    The forceload fail message comes from the driver which

    tries to load but can't find any hardware to control and does not

    load. The loader reports that the load failed. This does not mean that

    there is an error and in fact the event is not treated as an error. It is

    simply advising that we tried to load a module that did not actually

    load. All of the drivers that do not display a message would load

    eventually during the boot but we need to make sure that they are

    avaialble when we look at them.

    In other words don't worry about these warning, they are ok.

    -Dan

    "Shabaz" wrote in message news:39d4db3a@hronntp01....

    > Hello,
    > after installing VM 3.0.4 on top of Raid Manager 6.1.1u2,the following

    errors
    > are noticed.
    > warning:forceload of drv/atf failed.
    > warning:forceload of drv/pln failed.
    >
    > anybody knows if this is caused by A1000/Raid Manager or is this

    normal..???
    > ay help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread