New install - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on New install - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi folks I'm installing Solaris 7 and VM 3.0.4 on a new drive. I plan on encapsulating the drive and mirroring it. Should I partition to allow for VM? If so, how large and how many partitions should I create? ...

  1. New install

    Hi folks

    I'm installing Solaris 7 and VM 3.0.4 on a new drive. I plan
    on encapsulating the drive and mirroring it. Should I
    partition to allow for VM? If so, how large and how many
    partitions should I create?

    Thanks in advance for the help

    Larry Buss
    labuss@magothy.com

  2. Re: New install

    Am 9/26/00, 10:55:11 PM, napisał "Larry Buss" na temat
    New install:

    > Hi folks

    > I'm installing Solaris 7 and VM 3.0.4 on a new drive. I plan
    > on encapsulating the drive and mirroring it. Should I
    > partition to allow for VM? If so, how large and how many
    > partitions should I create?

    > Thanks in advance for the help

    > Larry Buss
    > labuss@magothy.com

    2 free slices on disk (with 20 MB free space)

+ Reply to Thread