converting ufs type file-systems - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on converting ufs type file-systems - Veritas Volume Manager ; We've recently installed VM and I would like to convert all our existing ufs type file-systems to vxfs. Does anyone know if this can be easily accomplished if at all. Thanks in advance...

  1. converting ufs type file-systems

    We've recently installed VM and I would like to convert all our existing ufs
    type file-systems to vxfs. Does anyone know if this can be easily accomplished
    if at all.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: converting ufs type file-systems

    Simplest way is to backup the UFS file system using ufsdump, create
    a vxfs file system and use ufsrestore to restore the data.
    I was told that veritas has a utility to convert UFS file system
    to VxFS file system, but you may have to pay for that. Check with
    veritas for sure.

    "Mike" wrote:

    >We've recently installed VM and I would like to convert all our existing

    ufs
    >type file-systems to vxfs. Does anyone know if this can be easily accomplished
    >if at all.
    >
    >Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread