Encapsulating Root with vmsa - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Encapsulating Root with vmsa - Veritas Volume Manager ; Could someone give me the quick steps to encapsulating root. I've followed the steps in the vsma guide but it complains about "filesystems and or swap areas existing" I'm new to Veritas, I'll aprreciate any help. Thanks...

  1. Encapsulating Root with vmsa

    Could someone give me the quick steps to encapsulating root. I've followed
    the steps in the vsma guide but it complains about "filesystems and or swap
    areas existing" I'm new to Veritas, I'll aprreciate any help.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Encapsulating Root with vmsa

    Make sure you have at least two free partitions on the rootdisk. Try using
    'vxdiskadm' instead of vmsa gui.
    What are the exact error messages that you get?

    -Dan

    "Ken" wrote in message

    > Could someone give me the quick steps to encapsulating root. I've followed
    > the steps in the vsma guide but it complains about "filesystems and or

    swap
    > areas existing" I'm new to Veritas, I'll aprreciate any help.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread