VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have a Sun E3500 system attached to A5200 arrays. I am trying to install the VM 2.6 package on it but it doesn't identify the A5200 arrays and requests a license key. I have heard that the installation procedure ...

  1. VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key

    I have a Sun E3500 system attached to A5200 arrays. I am trying to install
    the VM 2.6 package on it but it doesn't identify the A5200 arrays and requests
    a license key. I have heard that the installation procedure specifically
    looks for A5000 arrays and doesn't recognise the A5200. Is this true, and
    if so, is there a workaround.

    Other systems of a similar spec did not have this problem.

    Many Thanks

    JJ

  2. Re: VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key

    Did you try "luxadm probe". If you don't see your A5Ks, that's
    where the problem is. I assume you have done a reconfiguration
    boot after attaching the A5Ks to your E3500 and patched your
    system and A5K firmware. Otherwise you may have to call Sun
    support.

  3. Re: VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key

    Make sure you are upto date on VM patch. There is a bug in which
    VM will not recognize photon and prompt for license.

    "John Martin" wrote:

    >I have a Sun E3500 system attached to A5200 arrays. I am trying to install
    >the VM 2.6 package on it but it doesn't identify the A5200 arrays and requests
    >a license key. I have heard that the installation procedure specifically
    >looks for A5000 arrays and doesn't recognise the A5200. Is this true, and
    >if so, is there a workaround.
    >
    >Other systems of a similar spec did not have this problem.
    >
    >Many Thanks
    >
    >JJ

  4. Re: VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key

    Hello,
    have u tried the commands
    #drvconfig
    #devlinks
    #disks
    after patching with the latest kernel update patches and the required patches.
    As far as i know You dont require a license if you using a A5200 on any Enterprise
    system.

    Shabaz.

    "John Martin" wrote:

    >I have a Sun E3500 system attached to A5200 arrays. I am trying to install
    >the VM 2.6 package on it but it doesn't identify the A5200 arrays and requests
    >a license key. I have heard that the installation procedure specifically
    >looks for A5000 arrays and doesn't recognise the A5200. Is this true, and
    >if so, is there a workaround.
    >
    >Other systems of a similar spec did not have this problem.
    >
    >Many Thanks
    >
    >JJ

  5. Re: VM 2.6 installation asks for a license key

    you need solaris 2.6 patch 106606 and after you have this installed,
    then when do do a vxinstall,
    you will not be prompted for a license anymore.

    "shabaz" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >have u tried the commands
    >#drvconfig
    >#devlinks
    >#disks
    > after patching with the latest kernel update patches and the required patches.
    >As far as i know You dont require a license if you using a A5200 on any

    Enterprise
    >system.
    >
    >Shabaz.
    >

    >"John Martin" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have a Sun E3500 system attached to A5200 arrays. I am trying to install
    >>the VM 2.6 package on it but it doesn't identify the A5200 arrays and requests
    >>a license key. I have heard that the installation procedure specifically
    >>looks for A5000 arrays and doesn't recognise the A5200. Is this true, and
    >>if so, is there a workaround.
    >>
    >>Other systems of a similar spec did not have this problem.
    >>
    >>Many Thanks
    >>
    >>JJ

+ Reply to Thread