Veritas won't see second controller - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Veritas won't see second controller - Veritas Volume Manager ; When running vxinstall it returns saying it found only controller c0. Need it to find controller c1 so that I can configure my compaq array. Operating system (Solaris 2.6) sees controller c1 fine. Any help would greatly appreciated....

  1. Veritas won't see second controller

    When running vxinstall it returns saying it found
    only controller c0. Need it to find controller c1 so that I can
    configure my compaq array. Operating system (Solaris 2.6) sees
    controller c1 fine.

    Any help would greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Veritas won't see second controller

    Chris,

    This may be a DMP related problem. You should probably contact
    VERITAS tech support and have them walk you through this issue.

    later,

    yoda

    "Chris Peltzer" wrote:

    >When running vxinstall it returns saying it found
    >only controller c0. Need it to find controller c1 so that I can
    >configure my compaq array. Operating system (Solaris 2.6) sees
    >controller c1 fine.
    >
    >Any help would greatly appreciated.

  3. Re: Veritas won't see second controller

    I've just had the same problem. It seems that vxinstall looks
    for disks, not controllers. It also requires that slice 2 of
    a disk attached to the controller corresponds to the full
    disk. Once I had added a slice 2 like that to my disk, vxinstall
    displayed the corresponding controller.

    Seems like a bug to me, but...

    "Neil Bliss" wrote:

    >Chris,
    >
    >This may be a DMP related problem. You should probably contact
    >VERITAS tech support and have them walk you through this issue.
    >
    >later,
    >
    >yoda
    >
    >"Chris Peltzer" wrote:
    >>
    >>When running vxinstall it returns saying it found
    >>only controller c0. Need it to find controller c1 so that I can
    >>configure my compaq array. Operating system (Solaris 2.6) sees
    >>controller c1 fine.
    >>
    >>Any help would greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread