JumpStart - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on JumpStart - Veritas Volume Manager ; Does anyone know how to automate the Veritas File system install for SOlaris....We are going to be configuring Systems for clients and would like to use Jumpstart...

  1. JumpStart

    Does anyone know how to automate the Veritas File system install for SOlaris....We
    are going to be configuring Systems for clients and would like to use Jumpstart

  2. Re: JumpStart

    Tim,
    As far as the VxFS installation itself, it's just another package
    to be added during the jumpstart process. I usually create a section
    in the 'end' script which pkgadd's all the third party packages i need
    after the OS installation and patching process finish.

    For more information on this, check out the "Automating Solaris Installations"
    book availabel from Sun Press.

    hope this helps,

    yoda

    "Tim Carroll" wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to automate the Veritas File system install for SOlaris....We
    >are going to be configuring Systems for clients and would like to use Jumpstart

+ Reply to Thread