Scripts to check volumes - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Scripts to check volumes - Veritas Volume Manager ; Are there any canned scripts that can be used to check the status of volumes. I have wrriten one that looks in /var/adm/messages(Solaris) file for errors. If anyone has wriiten one and is willig to share it I would appreciate ...

  1. Scripts to check volumes

    Are there any canned scripts that can be used to check the status of volumes.
    I have wrriten one that looks in /var/adm/messages(Solaris) file for errors.
    If anyone has wriiten one and is willig to share it I would appreciate it
    immensely.

  2. Re: Scripts to check volumes

    Bill,

    I would probably use vxprint to check on the health of the volumes
    rather than searching through syslog. Something along the lines of a
    vxprint -vt will get you the volumes and thier states.

    hope this helps,

    yoda

    "Bill devine" wrote:

    >Are there any canned scripts that can be used to check the status of volumes.
    >I have wrriten one that looks in /var/adm/messages(Solaris) file for errors.
    >If anyone has wriiten one and is willig to share it I would appreciate it
    >immensely.

+ Reply to Thread