Help with VXDUMP - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Help with VXDUMP - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello. I have a Solaris System running VXVM 2.5. I need to move the information stored on several of the drives to a Solaris not running VERITAS. I have tried a variety of vxdump commands without any luck. What I ...

  1. Help with VXDUMP

    Hello. I have a Solaris System running VXVM 2.5. I need to
    move the information stored on several of the drives to a Solaris
    not running VERITAS. I have tried a variety of vxdump commands
    without any luck. What I would like to do is a vxdump -> ufsrestore.
    Is this possible? Please excuse me - I have no knowledge of
    Veritas and I have no documentation. Thanks for any info.

    Sharon Sutphin, Raytheon

  2. Re: Help with VXDUMP

    How about using tar command like below:
    # cd fromdir; tar cf - . | ( cd todir; tar xfBp - )
    You may mount the file system of machine without veritas
    onto the machine with veritas and use aforesaid command.

    "Sharon Sutphin" wrote:

    >Hello. I have a Solaris System running VXVM 2.5. I need to
    >move the information stored on several of the drives to a Solaris
    >not running VERITAS. I have tried a variety of vxdump commands
    >without any luck. What I would like to do is a vxdump -> ufsrestore.
    >Is this possible? Please excuse me - I have no knowledge of
    >Veritas and I have no documentation. Thanks for any info.
    >
    >Sharon Sutphin, Raytheon

+ Reply to Thread