Adding a column to a striped volume - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Adding a column to a striped volume - Veritas Volume Manager ; Is it possible to add a column (disk) to a striped volume directly? If so, how? Indirectly, I figure I could create a mirror with the additional column, then after the new mirror is sync'd, I could delete the original ...

  1. Adding a column to a striped volume

    Is it possible to add a column (disk) to a striped volume directly?
    If so, how? Indirectly, I figure I could create a mirror with the
    additional column, then after the new mirror is sync'd, I could
    delete the original mirror. Or blow away the volume and recreate it
    from scratch.

  2. Re: Adding a column to a striped volume

    "Tom Olson" wrote:

    Hi Tom,

    >Is it possible to add a column (disk) to a striped volume directly?
    >If so, how? Indirectly, I figure I could create a mirror with the
    >additional column, then after the new mirror is sync'd, I could
    >delete the original mirror. Or blow away the volume and recreate it
    >from scratch.

    Unfortunately I don't have a machine to verify this, but you
    shoud be able to something like:

    - associate new subdisk with plex[es] (use vxsd help assoc)
    - change the number of columns (use vxassist help relayout)
    - grow the volume (vxvol help set)
    - grow your filesystem

    Blow away and create from scratch is a good idea if you're not
    happy with your current configuration and want to try again

    Cheers,
    Gregor Binder.

  3. Re: Adding a column to a striped volume

    Please check link below...
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/tnot...MAN/201741.htm

    "Tom Olson" wrote:

    >Is it possible to add a column (disk) to a striped volume directly?
    >If so, how? Indirectly, I figure I could create a mirror with the
    >additional column, then after the new mirror is sync'd, I could
    >delete the original mirror. Or blow away the volume and recreate it
    >from scratch.

+ Reply to Thread