Hi all

One of our developers was given root privilege to install some software and
replaced the system file with a copy from another machine that doesn't have
an A1000. The system was rebooted and was naturaly upset that it couldn't
see many of its volumes. Fortunately there was a copy of the system file
so I have booted from that.

However, although according to vxinfo the internal root disks (mirrored)
are okay. It still says failed on the other devices and will not boot.
It insists that the rootdg volume needs fsck'ing but it is read-only and
the device does not exist to fsck.

Any ideas? As an aside is it normal to have all disks within the same disk
group (rootdg)? My background is mainly HP and this is considered a big
no-no in the HPUX world.

TIA