A reboot causes disks to become "disconnected" - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on A reboot causes disks to become "disconnected" - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi All, I was able to setup VM 3.0.3 in a Solaris 8 setup without any problems. However, when I reboot the server, 6 of my 8 disks appear as "disconnected". However, if I perform: 1) /usr/sbin/vxdctl enable 2) /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach ...

  1. A reboot causes disks to become "disconnected"

    Hi All,

    I was able to setup VM 3.0.3 in a Solaris 8 setup without any problems.
    However, when I reboot the server, 6 of my 8 disks appear as "disconnected".

    However, if I perform:
    1) /usr/sbin/vxdctl enable
    2) /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach

    The disks are now available for use, but fail to reconnect after a reboot.
    I can repeat this process every single time.

    Environment:
    Sun E420R
    Sun A5200 with 8 x 9GB disks
    2 x Sun PCI FC-100 FC-AL Cards
    Solaris 8
    3.0.3 of the VxVM

    Any help is appreciated,

    Chris.

  2. Re: A reboot causes disks to become "disconnected"

    "Chris" wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I was able to setup VM 3.0.3 in a Solaris 8 setup without any problems.

    >However, when I reboot the server, 6 of my 8 disks appear as "disconnected".
    >
    >However, if I perform:
    >1) /usr/sbin/vxdctl enable
    >2) /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach
    >
    >The disks are now available for use, but fail to reconnect after a reboot.
    > I can repeat this process every single time.
    >
    >Environment:
    >Sun E420R
    >Sun A5200 with 8 x 9GB disks
    >2 x Sun PCI FC-100 FC-AL Cards
    >Solaris 8
    >3.0.3 of the VxVM
    >
    >Any help is appreciated,
    >
    >Chris.

    Chris,

    Did you ever get a resolution for this problem ? I have just applied vmsa
    patch 1 and vxvm patch 2 to version 3.1.1 on Solaris 2.8 and have the same.

    Regards,

    Karen.

  3. Re: A reboot causes disks to become "disconnected"

    "Karen Edwards" wrote:

    >"Chris" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>I was able to setup VM 3.0.3 in a Solaris 8 setup without any problems.

    >>However, when I reboot the server, 6 of my 8 disks appear as "disconnected".
    >>
    >>However, if I perform:
    >>1) /usr/sbin/vxdctl enable
    >>2) /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach
    >>
    >>The disks are now available for use, but fail to reconnect after a reboot.
    >> I can repeat this process every single time.
    >>
    >>Environment:
    >>Sun E420R
    >>Sun A5200 with 8 x 9GB disks
    >>2 x Sun PCI FC-100 FC-AL Cards
    >>Solaris 8
    >>3.0.3 of the VxVM
    >>
    >>Any help is appreciated,
    >>
    >>Chris.

    >Chris,
    >
    >Did you ever get a resolution for this problem ? I have just applied vmsa
    >patch 1 and vxvm patch 2 to version 3.1.1 on Solaris 2.8 and have the same.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Karen.

    Chris,

    Please forget the request, I have got the answer - run:

    vxvol -g mdwdg startall

    This will start all the volumes in the disk group and clear the problem.

    Regards,

    Karen.

+ Reply to Thread