stripe unit size - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on stripe unit size - Veritas Volume Manager ; I plan to configure my 3000 server with raid 0+1 for my sybase data. What would be the correct stripe unit size if the DBA is telling me the average I/O size for sybase is 16k. I plan on striping ...

  1. stripe unit size

    I plan to configure my 3000 server with raid 0+1 for my sybase data. What
    would be the correct stripe unit size if the DBA is telling me the average
    I/O size for sybase is 16k. I plan on striping across 4 physical disks.

  2. Re: stripe unit size

    Am 8/2/00, 8:25:57 PM, napisał "ruben Jimenez"
    na temat stripe unit size:

    > I plan to configure my 3000 server with raid 0+1 for my sybase data. What
    > would be the correct stripe unit size if the DBA is telling me the

    average
    > I/O size for sybase is 16k. I plan on striping across 4 physical disks..

    Stripe unit 4kB but the good choice is change DBA block size to 20kB with
    4kB stripe unit on volume (for 4 disks on submirror -RAID 0+1)

+ Reply to Thread