import shared - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on import shared - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, I am using VM 3.0 and have multiple Solaris 2.7 hosts attached to an A5200. I would like to share a disk group accross the multiple hosts. There is an "import shared" checkbox in the import disk dialog box, ...

  1. import shared

    Hello,

    I am using VM 3.0 and have multiple Solaris 2.7 hosts attached to an
    A5200. I would like to share a disk group accross the multiple hosts.
    There is an "import shared" checkbox in the import disk dialog box, but
    it is grayed out. The Admin Reference guide says that I need an
    "optional cluster feature" which is "seperately licensable". Does
    anyone know what I need to get to make this happen?

    -Walter Hoehn

  2. Re: import shared

    Am 7/25/00, 3:31:11 PM, napisał Walter Hoehn na temat
    import shared:

    > Hello,

    > I am using VM 3.0 and have multiple Solaris 2.7 hosts attached to an
    > A5200. I would like to share a disk group accross the multiple hosts.
    > There is an "import shared" checkbox in the import disk dialog box, but
    > it is grayed out. The Admin Reference guide says that I need an
    > "optional cluster feature" which is "seperately licensable". Does
    > anyone know what I need to get to make this happen?

    > -Walter Hoehn

    In CVM - Cluster Volume Manager - you have access to one volume from two
    nodes (consistency check on application level)

  3. Re: import shared

    Hi,

    Does cluster volume manager is support new sun storage T3 with Solaris
    7, VM 3.0.4?

    Thank.

    Zbigniew Szmigiero wrote:

    >Am 7/25/00, 3:31:11 PM, napisa=B3 Walter Hoehn na te=
    >mat=20
    >import shared:
    >

    >> Hello,

    >> I am using VM 3.0 and have multiple Solaris 2.7 hosts attached to an
    >> A5200. I would like to share a disk group accross the multiple hosts.=

    >> There is an "import shared" checkbox in the import disk dialog box, bu=

    >> it is grayed out. The Admin Reference guide says that I need an
    >> "optional cluster feature" which is "seperately licensable". Does
    >> anyone know what I need to get to make this happen?

    >> -Walter Hoehn

    >In CVM - Cluster Volume Manager - you have access to one volume from two=
    >=20
    >nodes (consistency check on application level)

+ Reply to Thread