Commands to add a single slice to a disk group - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Commands to add a single slice to a disk group - Veritas Volume Manager ; What are the commands to add a single slice of a disk to a disk group ? On a single disk I am creating "rootdg" of 100 MB (s0) and the rest (s1) for disk group "data". I have created ...

  1. Commands to add a single slice to a disk group

    What are the commands to add a single slice of a disk to
    a disk group ?
    On a single disk I am creating "rootdg" of 100 MB (s0) and
    the rest (s1) for disk group "data". I have created "rootdg" of
    100 MB and it works fine. How can I add the slice s1 to the disk
    group data?

  2. Re: Commands to add a single slice to a disk group

    Creating a Simple rootdg Disk Group

    DISABLE TRANSACTIONS
    node0# vxconfigd -m disable
    node0# ps -ef | grep vxconfigd
    root 58 1 80 10:08:39 ? 0:01 vxconfigd
    root 520 328 4 10:35:09 pts/0 0:00 grep vxconfigd

    INITIALIZE DATABASE
    node0# vxdctl init

    MAKE A NEW ROOTDG GROUP
    node0# vxdg init rootdg

    ADD SIMPLE SLICE
    node0# vxdctl add disk c0t1d0s7 type=simple
    vxvm:vxdctl: WARNING: Device c0t1d0s7: Not currently in the configuration

    (NOTE THIS WARNING IS NORMAL)

    ADD DISK RECORDS
    node0# vxdisk -f init c0t1d0s7 type=simple

    ADD DISK NAME TO ROOTDG DISK GROUP
    node0# vxdg adddisk c0t1d0s7

    ENABLE TRANSACTIONS
    node0# vxdctl enable

    REMOVE FILE IF PRESENT
    node0# cd /etc/vx/reconfig.d/state.d:ls
    node0#install-db
    node0#rm install-db

    NOTE: if the file install-db is there remove it. If it isn't
    don't worry about it.

    node0#reboot

    "Seby" wrote:

    >What are the commands to add a single slice of a disk to
    > a disk group ?
    >On a single disk I am creating "rootdg" of 100 MB (s0) and
    > the rest (s1) for disk group "data". I have created "rootdg" of
    >100 MB and it works fine. How can I add the slice s1 to the disk
    >group data?

+ Reply to Thread