Beginners question - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Beginners question - Veritas Volume Manager ; I've got Veritas controlling about 400GB, not problems. But the server has the following job running and it's taking out an entire processor root 2290 2234 25 Jun 09 ? 4915:12 /opt/SUNWvmsa/jre/bin/../bin/sparc/green_threads/jre -Dvrts.packageName=SUNW -D The question is what is it ...

  1. Beginners question

    I've got Veritas controlling about 400GB, not problems. But the server has
    the following job running and it's taking
    out an entire processor

    root 2290 2234 25 Jun 09 ? 4915:12
    /opt/SUNWvmsa/jre/bin/../bin/sparc/green_threads/jre -Dvrts.packageName=SUNW
    -D

    The question is what is it and can I stop it

    TIA

  2. Re: Beginners question

    "Paul Watson" wrote:
    >I've got Veritas controlling about 400GB, not problems. But the server

    has
    >the following job running and it's taking
    >out an entire processor
    >
    >root 2290 2234 25 Jun 09 ? 4915:12
    >/opt/SUNWvmsa/jre/bin/../bin/sparc/green_threads/jre -Dvrts.packageName=SUNW
    > -D
    >

    >The question is what is it and can I stop it
    >
    >TIA

    If you're not using the GUI then go ahead and stop
    it using:

    /opt/VRTSvmsa/bin/vmsa_server -k

    This is a java server process which serves the client GUI.
    Stopping it will prevent you from using the client GUI from
    a remote m/c but will not affect the operation of veritas.

    You can always restart it when you want to effec changes via
    the gui

  3. Re: Beginners question

    "mematedave" wrote:

    >"Paul Watson" wrote:
    >>I've got Veritas controlling about 400GB, not problems. But the server

    >has
    >>the following job running and it's taking
    >>out an entire processor
    >>
    >>root 2290 2234 25 Jun 09 ? 4915:12
    >>/opt/SUNWvmsa/jre/bin/../bin/sparc/green_threads/jre -Dvrts.packageName=SUNW
    >> -D
    >>

    >>The question is what is it and can I stop it
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>

    >If you're not using the GUI then go ahead and stop
    >it using:
    >

    >/opt/VRTSvmsa/bin/vmsa_server -k
    >
    >This is a java server process which serves the client GUI.
    >Stopping it will prevent you from using the client GUI from
    >a remote m/c but will not affect the operation of veritas.
    >
    >You can always restart it when you want to effec changes via
    >the gui

+ Reply to Thread