Unable to see clarion RAID disks via vxdisk list - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Unable to see clarion RAID disks via vxdisk list - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hello, I am setting up a new Sun enterprise 3500 running Solaris 7. I just installed foundation suite and am creating my new volumes. I am only able to see the internal disks on my 3500 via vxdisk list. I ...

  1. Unable to see clarion RAID disks via vxdisk list

    Hello,

    I am setting up a new Sun enterprise 3500 running Solaris 7. I
    just installed foundation suite and am creating my new volumes. I
    am only able to see the internal disks on my 3500 via vxdisk list.
    I am able to see all of my disks via format, just not through veritas.
    I am using Clarion's ATF software. I was advised if Clarion's software
    was installed first I would not need to disable Veritas' dmp.
    I am wondering if this is not the case and if I do in fact need to do this.

    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

    Matt

  2. Re: Unable to see clarion RAID disks via vxdisk list

    This is from Clariion's website.

    ATF and VERITAS Volume Manager

    VERITAS Dynamic Multi Pathing (DMP) cannot coexist with ATF on a CLARiiON
    disk-array. If ATF is installed
    before VERITAS Volume Manager, the components for Dynamic Multi Pathing (DMP)
    are not installed when
    VERITAS Volume Manager is installed and a conflict is avoided.

    However, if VERITAS Volume Manager is installed before ATF, the following
    steps are required to disable
    DMP before ATF is installed:

    1.Comment out the entry in the /etc/system file that forceloads vxdmp
    ("forceload: drv/vxdmp").
    2.Remove the /dev/vx/dmp and /dev/vx/rdmp directories and then run the
    following commands to create
    links for those directories:

    A) ln -s /dev/dsk /dev/vx/dmp
    B) ln -s /dev/rdsk /dev/vx/rdmp

    3.Reboot the system to disable DMP.
    4.Verify that Volume Manager can access volumes correctly.
    5.Install ATF.
    "Matthew McHugh" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am setting up a new Sun enterprise 3500 running Solaris 7. I
    >just installed foundation suite and am creating my new volumes. I
    >am only able to see the internal disks on my 3500 via vxdisk list.
    >I am able to see all of my disks via format, just not through veritas.
    >I am using Clarion's ATF software. I was advised if Clarion's software
    >was installed first I would not need to disable Veritas' dmp.
    >I am wondering if this is not the case and if I do in fact need to do this.
    >
    >Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    >

    >Matt

+ Reply to Thread