VM 3.0.2 - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on VM 3.0.2 - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am looking for additional information on stripe-pro (Raid 1+0) and why it is considered more robust than Raid 0+1...

  1. VM 3.0.2

    I am looking for additional information on stripe-pro (Raid 1+0)
    and why it is considered more robust than Raid 0+1

  2. Re: VM 3.0.2

    Theoretically if you mirror each disk to another disk, and then create
    two stripes (Raid 1+0) your are more protected. Ie: losing one disk on one
    stripe and another disk on the other stripe won't leave you high and dry.
    Whereas with raid 0+1 you'll probably be stuck doing a restore in that scenario.

    "dave costigan" wrote:

    >I am looking for additional information on stripe-pro (Raid 1+0)
    >and why it is considered more robust than Raid 0+1

+ Reply to Thread