vxconfigd failing in VM 3.0.3 on reboot - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxconfigd failing in VM 3.0.3 on reboot - Veritas Volume Manager ; I'm running VM 3.0.3 on a E450. I disabled dynamic multipathing because I have a A3500 attatched, as per instructions. After I disabled dmp and reboot vxconfigd says it can't start and then vmsa of course fails to start up ...

  1. vxconfigd failing in VM 3.0.3 on reboot

    I'm running VM 3.0.3 on a E450. I disabled dynamic multipathing
    because I have a A3500 attatched, as per instructions. After
    I disabled dmp and reboot vxconfigd says it can't start
    and then vmsa of course fails to start up when I log in. Any help
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Wayne

  2. Re: vxconfigd failing in VM 3.0.3 on reboot

    . If vmsa does not come up, make sure that the vxconfigd and vxrelocd daemons
    are running by typing –
    ps –ef | grep vx. You can stop the configuration daemons with the vxdctl
    stop command. Once this is done you need to first type vxconfigd start,
    and then ./vmsa_server, this will start the services back up. If you get
    an error stating that the client cannot connect, you will need to go to the
    /opt/VRTSvmsa/bin directory and run vmsa_server.

    "Wayne Brock" wrote:

    >I'm running VM 3.0.3 on a E450. I disabled dynamic multipathing
    >because I have a A3500 attatched, as per instructions. After
    >I disabled dmp and reboot vxconfigd says it can't start
    >and then vmsa of course fails to start up when I log in. Any help
    >would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Wayne

+ Reply to Thread