Resizing Oracle Datafiles that use Quick I/O - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Resizing Oracle Datafiles that use Quick I/O - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am a bit confused with the difference of -e and -r options of qiomkfile. Am I suppose to use the Oracle's ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'D:\ORA_HOME1\DATABASE\ORCL\DATA01.ORA' RESIZE 1000M;...

  1. Resizing Oracle Datafiles that use Quick I/O

    I am a bit confused with the difference of -e and -r options
    of qiomkfile. Am I suppose to use the Oracle's
    ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'D:\ORA_HOME1\DATABASE\ORCL\DATA01.ORA' RESIZE 1000M;

  2. Re: Continuation of Question

    I am a bit confused with the difference of -e and -r options
    of qiomkfile. Am I suppose to use the Oracle's resize command after the
    qiomkfile -r and for the -e option?
    ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE 'D:\ORA_HOME1\DATABASE\ORCL\DATA01.ORA' RESIZE 1000M;

    Also, should I refer to all database file names using the dot notation?

    i.e. qiomkfile -e 200M .data01.dbf

    or

    qiomkfile -r 200M data01.dbf

+ Reply to Thread