Concataneted - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Concataneted - Veritas Volume Manager ; Can anyone please inform me of what concataneted means? Thanks...

  1. Concataneted

    Can anyone please inform me of what concataneted means?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Concataneted

    Concatenated means to fill the disk from begining to end
    contiguously in order from start to finish. As opposed to
    striping across a disk and having the data spread acrossed
    different parts of the disk.

    "JP" wrote:

    >Can anyone please inform me of what concataneted means?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Concataneted

    alan wrote:

    > Concatenated means to fill the disk from begining to end
    > contiguously in order from start to finish. As opposed to
    > striping across a disk and having the data spread acrossed
    > different parts of the disk.
    >
    > "JP" wrote:
    > >
    > >Can anyone please inform me of what concataneted means?
    > >
    > >Thanks

    Concat means fill volume from slices on one disk
    Span means fill volume from slice on many disks

+ Reply to Thread