DMP with JBOD - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on DMP with JBOD - Veritas Volume Manager ; My vm302 (Unix version) DMP recognizes the third party jbod only when there is one partition. If I create more, it would not see the new slices. Worst of all, DMP pushes all of new paths into the first one. ...

  1. DMP with JBOD

    My vm302 (Unix version) DMP recognizes the third party jbod only when there
    is one partition. If I create more, it would not see the new slices.
    Worst of all, DMP pushes all of new paths into the first one. For example,
    the first partion has got 2 paths. When I add the second one, the first
    partition grabs these new paths too.
    And the "Scan for new drives" command does not work. I have to reboot the
    box.

    Please help!!!

  2. Re: DMP with JBOD

    Is the JBOD one lun? What kind of hardware are we talking about?
    Are you refering to slices as Volumes or actual slices that are
    made through Solaris when partitioning the drive? If it's
    through Solaris why aren't you using Volume Manager to break the
    drive up into Volumes?

    "Dienson Ho" wrote:

    >My vm302 (Unix version) DMP recognizes the third party jbod only when there
    >is one partition. If I create more, it would not see the new slices.
    >Worst of all, DMP pushes all of new paths into the first one. For example,
    >the first partion has got 2 paths. When I add the second one, the first
    >partition grabs these new paths too.
    >And the "Scan for new drives" command does not work. I have to reboot the
    >box.
    >
    >Please help!!!

+ Reply to Thread