A1000 with Veritas Problem - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on A1000 with Veritas Problem - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have an E450 running Solaris 8 64bit hooked up to an A1000 with (12) 9gb disks.. When I run raid manager it sees the array and the disks no problem. I am mirroring 6/6... When I go into VM ...

  1. A1000 with Veritas Problem

    I have an E450 running Solaris 8 64bit hooked up to an A1000 with (12) 9gb
    disks.. When I run raid manager it sees the array and the disks no problem.
    I am mirroring 6/6... When I go into VM it sees the disk as 1 big disk that
    is not initialized. I cannot initialize the disk however, it errors out. Any
    ideas?

    Thanks

    Scott

  2. Re: A1000 with Veritas Problem

    Scott,
    Are you running Raid Manager 6_22 and patch 108553-01? Sun told me that

    6_22 was required.

    "Scott M Gorham" wrote:
    >I have an E450 running Solaris 8 64bit hooked up to an A1000 with (12) 9gb
    >disks.. When I run raid manager it sees the array and the disks no problem.
    >I am mirroring 6/6... When I go into VM it sees the disk as 1 big disk that
    >is not initialized. I cannot initialize the disk however, it errors out.

    Any
    >ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Scott

  3. Re: A1000 with Veritas Problem

    I found that out myself. The problem is that I just bought this 2 weeks ago,
    and my silver support contract is not set up yet, so SUN will not ship me
    the 6.22 version of RM. Does anyone know where I might get this?

    Scott

    "Robert Ames" wrote in message

    > Scott,
    > Are you running Raid Manager 6_22 and patch 108553-01? Sun told me that
    >
    > 6_22 was required.
    >
    > "Scott M Gorham" wrote:
    > >I have an E450 running Solaris 8 64bit hooked up to an A1000 with (12)

    9gb
    > >disks.. When I run raid manager it sees the array and the disks no

    problem.
    > >I am mirroring 6/6... When I go into VM it sees the disk as 1 big disk

    that
    > >is not initialized. I cannot initialize the disk however, it errors out.

    > Any
    > >ideas?
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Scott