vxdmpadm: ERROR: vxdmp module is not loaded - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on vxdmpadm: ERROR: vxdmp module is not loaded - Veritas Volume Manager ; System: Sun E250 with one internal disk plus one A1000 disk array (one RAID-5 disk ie one LUN) O/S: Sparc Solaris 2.6 5/98 with Sun RAIDManager 6.22 I have tried to install VxVm 3.0.2 For SPARC Solaris. Packages were installed ...

  1. vxdmpadm: ERROR: vxdmp module is not loaded

    System: Sun E250 with one internal disk plus
    one A1000 disk array (one RAID-5 disk ie one LUN)
    O/S: Sparc Solaris 2.6 5/98 with Sun RAIDManager 6.22

    I have tried to install VxVm 3.0.2 For SPARC Solaris.
    Packages were installed OK using pkgadd as per the
    install instructions, but when running vxinstall to
    encapsulate the boot disk, got the following error :-

    vxvm:vxdmpadm: ERROR: vxdmp module is not loaded on the system. Command invalid.

    There's no "forceload: drv/vxdmp" line in /etc/system
    to load the module. Could anyone help with this ?

    Thanks.

    Darren Morgan

  2. Re: vxdmpadm: ERROR: vxdmp module is not loaded

    "Darren Morgan" wrote:

    >System: Sun E250 with one internal disk plus
    > one A1000 disk array (one RAID-5 disk ie one LUN)
    >O/S: Sparc Solaris 2.6 5/98 with Sun RAIDManager 6.22
    >
    >I have tried to install VxVm 3.0.2 For SPARC Solaris.
    >Packages were installed OK using pkgadd as per the
    >install instructions, but when running vxinstall to
    >encapsulate the boot disk, got the following error :-
    >
    >vxvm:vxdmpadm: ERROR: vxdmp module is not loaded on the system. Command

    invalid.

    >There's no "forceload: drv/vxdmp" line in /etc/system
    >to load the module. Could anyone help with this ?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Darren Morgan

    have a look in /kernel/drv for the vxdmp drivers. They probably aren't there.

+ Reply to Thread