Creating Oracle database quick Quick IO files - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Creating Oracle database quick Quick IO files - Veritas Volume Manager ; I'm trying to create an instance of Oracle using Quick IO files. I'm assuming that if anything will benefit from Quick IO, it is the redo logs. I've tried creating Quick IO files which are equal to the size specified ...

  1. Creating Oracle database quick Quick IO files

    I'm trying to create an instance of Oracle using Quick IO files. I'm assuming
    that if anything will benefit from Quick IO, it is the redo logs. I've tried
    creating Quick IO files which are equal to the size specified in the CREATE
    DATABASE and I've tried creating them slightly larger. In either case I
    get ORA-27059.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Creating Oracle database quick Quick IO files

    Ron,

    I'm sure you figured this out already but just in case or if someone else
    needs it.
    All you need to do is create the files using qiomkfile. Then in your create
    database
    statement use the REUSE keyword for all database files. I did find that
    when additional
    tablespaces are created you do not need the REUSE keyword for their datafiles.

    CSR
    "Ron Boggs" wrote:

    >I'm trying to create an instance of Oracle using Quick IO files. I'm assuming
    >that if anything will benefit from Quick IO, it is the redo logs. I've

    tried
    >creating Quick IO files which are equal to the size specified in the CREATE
    >DATABASE and I've tried creating them slightly larger. In either case I
    >get ORA-27059.
    >
    >Any ideas?

  3. Re: Creating Oracle database quick Quick IO files

    veritas quickio also have a script which will convert existing oracle databases
    into quickio files as well.

    "Crystal Robinson" wrote:

    >Ron,
    >
    >I'm sure you figured this out already but just in case or if someone else
    >needs it.
    >All you need to do is create the files using qiomkfile. Then in your create
    >database
    >statement use the REUSE keyword for all database files. I did find that
    >when additional
    >tablespaces are created you do not need the REUSE keyword for their datafiles.
    >

    >CSR
    >"Ron Boggs" wrote:
    >>
    >>I'm trying to create an instance of Oracle using Quick IO files. I'm assuming
    >>that if anything will benefit from Quick IO, it is the redo logs. I've

    >tried
    >>creating Quick IO files which are equal to the size specified in the CREATE
    >>DATABASE and I've tried creating them slightly larger. In either case

    >>get ORA-27059.
    >>
    >>Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread