full fsck - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on full fsck - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hey Everyone, I am getting an error message when mounting a diskgroup. When I try to run fsck it tells me the file system needs full fsck. I can't find anything in the man pages for fsck or the veritas ...

  1. full fsck

    Hey Everyone,

    I am getting an error message when mounting a diskgroup. When I try to run
    fsck it tells me the file system needs full fsck. I can't find anything in
    the man pages for fsck or the veritas manuals that shows how to do a full
    file system check.

    If anyone can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it.

    Cheers,
    Mark

    mount -F vxfs /dev/vx/dsk/sambadg/sambavol /video
    vxfs mount: /dev/vx/dsk/sambadg/sambavol is corrupted. needs checking

    I tried running fsck
    fsck -F vxfs /dev/vx/dsk/sambadg/sambavol
    log replay in progress
    file system is not clean, full fsck required
    full file system check required, exiting ...

  2. Re: full fsck

    Use switch "-o full" as in the man page fsck_vxfs.

+ Reply to Thread