C API for VxVM - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on C API for VxVM - Veritas Volume Manager ; hi! does anyone know of some C API for Volume Manager? trussing several commands shows that most of the stuff is done through the named pipe /etc/vx/vold_diag. i briefly tried to search veritas's site, but could not find anything. is ...

  1. C API for VxVM

    hi!

    does anyone know of some C API for Volume Manager? trussing several
    commands shows that most of the stuff is done through the named
    pipe /etc/vx/vold_diag. i briefly tried to search veritas's site,
    but could not find anything.

    is the protocol documented? or does a library exist?

    --
    Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr | "it's the end of the world as we
    | know it, and i feel fine." REM

  2. Re: C API for VxVM

    Veritas support has seemed reluctant to share any of their
    API. We tried the documented ioctl's to perform VX_FREEZE
    and VX_THAW, couldn't get it to work, called veritas for some
    sample code, and they weren't interested in providing it.

+ Reply to Thread