Error in disk group configuration copies error - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Error in disk group configuration copies error - Veritas Volume Manager ; I have just started getting the error mentioned in the header and cannot contact Veritas or Sun Tech Support. I am trying to start vxinstall and get "vxvm:vxdctl: EERROR: enable failed: and then the subject line. Will anyone who knows ...

  1. Error in disk group configuration copies error

    I have just started getting the error mentioned in the header and cannot contact
    Veritas or Sun Tech Support. I am trying to start vxinstall and get "vxvm:vxdctl:
    EERROR: enable failed: and then the subject line. Will anyone who knows what
    it means and how to get around it please clue me in? Many Tanks.

    Clueless in San Rafael

  2. Re: Error in disk group configuration copies error

    "Phillip Culver" wrote:

    >I have just started getting the error mentioned in the header and cannot

    contact
    >Veritas or Sun Tech Support. I am trying to start vxinstall and get "vxvm:vxdctl:
    >EERROR: enable failed: and then the subject line. Will anyone who knows

    what
    >it means and how to get around it please clue me in? Many Tanks.
    >
    >Clueless in San Rafael

    I don't know (still investigating) the workaround for this error message,
    however, i mailed you a pdf file telling about the vxdctl (volume manager
    disk controller) functions.

    kalyan.S.N

  3. Re: Error in disk group configuration copies error

    "Phillip Culver" wrote:

    >I have just started getting the error mentioned in the header and cannot

    contact
    >Veritas or Sun Tech Support. I am trying to start vxinstall and get "vxvm:vxdctl:
    >EERROR: enable failed: and then the subject line. Will anyone who knows

    what
    >it means and how to get around it please clue me in? Many Tanks.
    >
    >Clueless in San Rafael

    go to support.veritas.com
    select advance search
    search for vxcdtl and in volume manager
    you can get more info on how to tackle this issue

    kalyan.S.N

+ Reply to Thread