update /dev/vx/rdmp on the fly - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on update /dev/vx/rdmp on the fly - Veritas Volume Manager ; How do I update /dev/vx/rdmp without rebooting my E4500? I just added some disks and ran vxdisksetup. It complained about the devices not in the configuration. Thanx, -Phil...

  1. update /dev/vx/rdmp on the fly

    How do I update /dev/vx/rdmp without rebooting my E4500?

    I just added some disks and ran vxdisksetup. It complained about
    the devices not in the configuration.

    Thanx,
    -Phil

  2. Re: update /dev/vx/rdmp on the fly

    "Phil Nguyen" wrote:

    >How do I update /dev/vx/rdmp without rebooting my E4500?
    >
    >I just added some disks and ran vxdisksetup. It complained about
    >the devices not in the configuration.
    >
    >Thanx,

    run
    look at the man page - it will rescan the h/w for new disks
    and will create dmp and rdmp nodes on a running system
    >-Phil

+ Reply to Thread