How to generate with vxprivutil a usable file for vxmake - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to generate with vxprivutil a usable file for vxmake - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi there, How can I generate a file wich can be used as a description file for vxmake using vxprivutil dumpconfig ? Is there an suitable perl script for that??? In the man page vxmake(4) it is written that a ...

  1. How to generate with vxprivutil a usable file for vxmake

    Hi there,

    How can I generate a file wich can be used as a description file for
    vxmake using vxprivutil dumpconfig ?

    Is there an suitable perl script for that???

    In the man page vxmake(4) it is written that a description file can somehow
    be generated by vxprivutil but not how.

    Armin

  2. Re: How to generate with vxprivutil a usable file for vxmake

    At the very end of vxprint(1m) for VXVM 3.x you'll see this:

    The vxprint command can be used to back up objects from one
    disk group configuration with the use of the combined
    options -mvpsh or -mvpshr. The output should be saved into a
    file that is maintained outside of the system being backed
    up. The command:

    vxmake -d file

    can be used with the saved file to restore the configura-
    tion.

+ Reply to Thread