root mirror with only 1 free partition ?? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on root mirror with only 1 free partition ?? - Veritas Volume Manager ; Is it possible to encapsulate & mirror the root disk if you have only 1 free partition ?? The doc says 2, vxassist barfs unless it has two. Our preferred filesystem layout needs 7 partitions for filesystems, swap, and the ...

  1. root mirror with only 1 free partition ??

    Is it possible to encapsulate & mirror the root disk if you have
    only 1 free partition ?? The doc says 2, vxassist barfs unless
    it has two. Our preferred filesystem layout needs 7 partitions
    for filesystems, swap, and the "backup" partition.

    A quick response would be most appreciated, I've got 30 machines
    to configure ....

    thanks,

    Don Mosley
    Totalsports
    dmosley@totalsports.net

  2. Re: root mirror with only 1 free partition ??

    It is my understanding that volume manager reguires slice 3 and 4 to be
    available.

  3. Re: root mirror with only 1 free partition ??

    Michael Howard wrote:

    > It is my understanding that volume manager reguires slice 3 and 4 to be
    > available.

    If you creating root disk group with another disks, you can initilize disk
    with nopriv option. Maybe that work, but this is very dangerous

+ Reply to Thread