How to configure dual host...? - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on How to configure dual host...? - Veritas Volume Manager ; Help me pls.. I have storage array A5200 box and 2 Enterprise Server E3500 (all sun product). And I use OS Solaris 2.6. - the first Enterprise is Metal - the second Enterprise is Diamond The Metal Enterprise Server is ...

  1. How to configure dual host...?

    Help me pls..

    I have storage array A5200 box and 2 Enterprise Server E3500 (all sun product).
    And I use OS Solaris 2.6.

    - the first Enterprise is Metal
    - the second Enterprise is Diamond

    The Metal Enterprise Server is running now...and the other one is new. I've
    had setting for the Metal Enterprise box before
    and now I wanna setting the Diamond. How to configure Volume Manager on my
    Diamond box.

    Thank's

  2. Re: How to configure dual host...?

    Am 2/2/00, 1:41:51 PM, napisał "hamdi mulya" na
    temat How to configure dual host...?:

    > Help me pls..

    > I have storage array A5200 box and 2 Enterprise Server E3500 (all sun

    product).
    > And I use OS Solaris 2.6.

    > - the first Enterprise is Metal
    > - the second Enterprise is Diamond

    > The Metal Enterprise Server is running now...and the other one is new..

    I've
    > had setting for the Metal Enterprise box before
    > and now I wanna setting the Diamond. How to configure Volume Manager on

    my
    > Diamond box.

    > Thank's

    You must configure different scsi-initiator-id on both nodes and create
    two or more diskgroup for each node

  3. Re: How to configure dual host...?

    =

    >two or more diskgroup for each node

    You only need to configure different scsi-initiator-ids if you're using a
    SCSI box (A1000/D1000/A3x00). If you're using an A5x00 you can attach either
    one or two (two for multi-pathing or split loop) fibre connections to each
    host. Then, as the guy says above, you must create/assign two or more diskgroups
    for each node.

+ Reply to Thread