Volume Manager - cannot remove disk - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Volume Manager - cannot remove disk - Veritas Volume Manager ; I am trying to remove c0t1d0s2 and c2t96d0s2 from vol.mgr. Currently vmsa shows them as c0t1d0s2 not setup and c2t96d0s2 not initialized. I have tried to remove them using the remove disk option from the vmsa menu. The informs me ...

  1. Volume Manager - cannot remove disk

    I am trying to remove c0t1d0s2 and c2t96d0s2 from vol.mgr. Currently vmsa
    shows them
    as c0t1d0s2 not setup and c2t96d0s2 not initialized. I have tried to remove
    them
    using the remove disk option from the vmsa menu.

    The informs me that c2t96d0s2 is in use, which is true; it is my swap space
    on my Sun
    Solaris 7 system. and the other drive has a mounted system called Mail. Neather
    file
    system is managed under volume manager.

    Is there a way to remove these drives so I can start over with volume manager?

  2. Re: Volume Manager - cannot remove disk

    Sounds like their both being managed by volume manger.

    If so you'll probably have to use the vxplex command to remove the plexes
    and then the remove disk in vmsa should work. Had do to do that to remove
    an incorrect mirror within rootdg one time.

    Jay Sloop wrote in message

    > I am trying to remove c0t1d0s2 and c2t96d0s2 from vol.mgr. Currently vmsa
    > shows them
    > as c0t1d0s2 not setup and c2t96d0s2 not initialized. I have tried to

    remove
    > them
    > using the remove disk option from the vmsa menu.
    >
    > The informs me that c2t96d0s2 is in use, which is true; it is my swap

    space
    > on my Sun
    > Solaris 7 system. and the other drive has a mounted system called Mail.

    Neather
    > file
    > system is managed under volume manager.
    >
    > Is there a way to remove these drives so I can start over with volume

    manager?

+ Reply to Thread