Veritas Volume Manager I/O stops - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Veritas Volume Manager I/O stops - Veritas Volume Manager ; Good morning.... We've been having a problem with I/O on one of our systems, all I/O stops. We originally suspected a specific application as the cause until the application was shutdown and the intermittent I/O stops continued. The symptoms are ...

  1. Veritas Volume Manager I/O stops

    Good morning....

    We've been having a problem with I/O on one of our systems, all I/O stops.
    We originally suspected a specific application as the cause until the
    application was shutdown and the intermittent I/O stops continued. The
    symptoms are that I/O works well initially, slowly drops in number of
    read/write operations (and corresponding blocks read/written), and the
    finally hangs for about 10 minutes. After that period, I/O resumes. The
    system still functions and all operations complete except for commands which
    look deep at the directory structure ("ls -l", "find", "cpio", etc.).

    System Configuration:
    Sun Enterprise 4500
    3 400MHz CPU's
    3GB RAM
    Solaris 2.6 (latest patch release)
    Sun StorEdge Volume Manager (Veritas v2.5)
    Veritas File System, v3.2.1

    Any thoughts/direction would be greatly appreciated!

    Regards!

    --wil

    Wil Artman, Senior Unix System Adminstrator
    Walgreen's Corporation
    200 Wilmot St.
    Deerfield, IL 60015
    Voice: (847) 914-5886
    EMail: Wilfred.Artman@Walgreens.com

  2. Re: Veritas Volume Manager I/O stops

    "Wil Artman" wrote:
    >Good morning....
    >
    >We've been having a problem with I/O on one of our systems, all I/O stops.
    >We originally suspected a specific application as the cause until the
    >application was shutdown and the intermittent I/O stops continued. The
    >symptoms are that I/O works well initially, slowly drops in number of
    >read/write operations (and corresponding blocks read/written), and the
    >finally hangs for about 10 minutes. After that period, I/O resumes. The
    >system still functions and all operations complete except for commands which
    >look deep at the directory structure ("ls -l", "find", "cpio", etc.).
    >
    >System Configuration:
    >Sun Enterprise 4500
    >3 400MHz CPU's
    >3GB RAM
    >Solaris 2.6 (latest patch release)
    >Sun StorEdge Volume Manager (Veritas v2.5)
    >Veritas File System, v3.2.1
    >
    >Any thoughts/direction would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    >Regards!
    >
    >--wil
    >
    >Wil Artman, Senior Unix System Adminstrator
    >Walgreen's Corporation
    >200 Wilmot St.
    >Deerfield, IL 60015
    >Voice: (847) 914-5886
    >EMail: Wilfred.Artman@Walgreens.com
    >

    >Did you try the lattest patch 106606-03?

+ Reply to Thread