fsck after a crash - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on fsck after a crash - Veritas Volume Manager ; Hi, Is it normal that the system does a fsck after a crash when we have logging enabled for the volumes. thanks Sebastien...

  1. fsck after a crash

    Hi,

    Is it normal that the system does a fsck after a crash when
    we have logging enabled for the volumes.

    thanks

    Sebastien

  2. Re: fsck after a crash

    Sebastien Tourigny wrote:

    > Is it normal that the system does a fsck after a crash when
    > we have logging enabled for the volumes.

    Doesn't anyone from Veritas answer questions in this group?

    Yes, you should expect an fsck. It will be very quick because
    it will do no more than re-play the log.

    --
    Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
    cj10@cam.ac.uk Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679

  3. Re: fsck after a crash

    I meant do you Veritas File system installed?

    "Sebastien Tourigny" wrote in
    message news:387b61bf@hronntp01....

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it normal that the system does a fsck after a crash when
    > we have logging enabled for the volumes.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Sebastien

  4. Re: fsck after a crash

    I just experienced a crash and from what I saw upon reboot was Veritas
    running an fsck with the -y flag !!!. You may know that when this flag
    is set you could loose data which I did. Veritas support said this could
    not of happened I cant see where the command is called in the VxVm start
    scripts.

    Charles Jardine wrote:

    > Sebastien Tourigny wrote:
    > >
    > > Is it normal that the system does a fsck after a crash when
    > > we have logging enabled for the volumes.

    > Doesn't anyone from Veritas answer questions in this group?
    >
    > Yes, you should expect an fsck. It will be very quick because
    > it will do no more than re-play the log.
    >
    > --
    > Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
    > cj10@cam.ac.uk Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679

+ Reply to Thread