Increasing the size of the Manager "db" - Veritas Volume Manager

This is a discussion on Increasing the size of the Manager "db" - Veritas Volume Manager ; Ok, I've done this before but can't recall the steps nor can I find where I wrote them down. But it may differ anyhow as I was using a different dg than rootdg, not this time. I'm creating a ton ...

  1. Increasing the size of the Manager "db"

    Ok, I've done this before but can't recall the steps nor can I find where
    I wrote them down. But it may differ anyhow as I was using a different dg
    than rootdg, not this time. I'm creating a ton of object (sd's,p's and v's)
    and I want to make sure I allocate enough space for volume manager to be
    able to manager all off them.. If I recall correctly I used something like..

    vxdg init dgroup01 medianame=c0t0d0,c0t1d0,c0t2d0... publen=10m

    then again I seem to remember I had to init the disk first with publen=10m..
    vxdisk add ... publen=10m. Can't remember the details.. *SIGH*

    This again was for use on a new diskgroup (other than rootdg).. How do I
    do this to an already created rootdg (built on install by the unix admins).
    Do I need to drop rootdg and recreate it? Any way, if someone could give
    me the step to perform, or at least refresh my memory.. It's been a while
    since I've been on the SA side of the house..

    TIA
    Shawn Ferris
    Oracle DBA - Time Warner Telecom

  2. Re: Increasing the size of the Manager "db"

    Nevermind.. I was actually looking for privlen.. Once I did a knowledgebase
    search for this, I got my answer..

    "Shawn Ferris" wrote:

    >Ok, I've done this before but can't recall the steps nor can I find where
    >I wrote them down. But it may differ anyhow as I was using a different dg
    >than rootdg, not this time. I'm creating a ton of object (sd's,p's and v's)
    >and I want to make sure I allocate enough space for volume manager to be
    >able to manager all off them.. If I recall correctly I used something like..
    >
    >vxdg init dgroup01 medianame=c0t0d0,c0t1d0,c0t2d0... publen=10m
    >
    >then again I seem to remember I had to init the disk first with publen=10m..
    >vxdisk add ... publen=10m. Can't remember the details.. *SIGH*
    >
    >This again was for use on a new diskgroup (other than rootdg).. How do I
    >do this to an already created rootdg (built on install by the unix admins).
    >Do I need to drop rootdg and recreate it? Any way, if someone could give
    >me the step to perform, or at least refresh my memory.. It's been a while
    >since I've been on the SA side of the house..
    >
    >TIA
    >Shawn Ferris
    >Oracle DBA - Time Warner Telecom

  3. Re: Increasing the size of the Manager "db"

    I hope this helps,

    To increase the private region length do the following:

    - backup the data
    - then run the following command

    vxdg -g rmdisk diskname
    vxdiskunsetup c#t#d#