Apologies before I start, this is a bit of a convoluted question.

I have a server which is backed up with a Full once a week and another Full once a month. The weekly is set to expire after a month and the monthly is set to infinite. Each of these backups goes to a different disk storage unit and is then staged to a different tape pool.

The issue I'm having is that my monthly has failed and I'd like to use the nearest weekly as the monthly.

The question is; Is there a way to move the backed up data to the monthly disk storage unit so that it stages to the monthly tapes without the catalog losing it and can I change to expiry date of the backed up data to infinite (at a guess I imagine this is with the bpexpdate command).

Everything crossed that someone knows the answer to this.

Many thanks

Tony