Netbackup Master Server Cluster Configuration - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup Master Server Cluster Configuration - Veritas Net Backup ; Hi all, I have installed Veritas Cluster and Now I am about to start Netbackup installation on veritas cluster. Does anyone know, do I need to first configure volume groups in Veritas Cluster before installing and configuring or Veritas Netbackup ...

  1. Netbackup Master Server Cluster Configuration

    Hi all,

    I have installed Veritas Cluster and Now I am about to start Netbackup installation
    on veritas cluster. Does anyone know, do I need to first configure volume
    groups in Veritas Cluster before installing and configuring or Veritas Netbackup
    will create itself while installing Netbackup or might be using cluster_config
    script.

    I will look forward for your reply soon.

    Regards,

    Shreeram Rane

  2. Re: Netbackup Master Server Cluster Configuration

    Hi,

    Depends on what netbackup version you are using,
    If you are using 6.0 - follow the netbackup HA guide "VERITAS NetBackup™
    6.0 High Availability"
    youwill need to create your DG and volume in VxVM (NOT VCS) , create a FS
    on your shared disk and mount it on the active node,
    Then install the software on both servers (the order is in the guide, I can't
    remember) and then you will run the "/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/cluster/cluster_config"
    utility,
    this will build all of the resources in the service group in VCS on it's
    own.

    Michal

    "Shreeram Rane" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have installed Veritas Cluster and Now I am about to start Netbackup installation
    >on veritas cluster. Does anyone know, do I need to first configure volume
    >groups in Veritas Cluster before installing and configuring or Veritas Netbackup
    >will create itself while installing Netbackup or might be using cluster_config
    >script.
    >
    >I will look forward for your reply soon.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Shreeram Rane

+ Reply to Thread