Removable Storage Management - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Removable Storage Management - Veritas Net Backup ; On a few servers I get the following error message; Warning bpbrm from client... WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. ) I have excluded the C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\* and/or C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\NTMSDATA which worked ...

  1. Removable Storage Management

    On a few servers I get the following error message;

    Warning bpbrm from client... WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable to
    export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. )

    I have excluded the C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\* and/or C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\NTMSDATA
    which worked on some servers but not all?

    Is there something I'm missing?

  2. Re: Removable Storage Management

    you have 2 possible workarounds, of which you implemented 1,
    Nr 2 (check article 274991 on VERITAS) is the other way around :
    disable service on problem-servers...
    hope this next info helps you

    With kind regards,
    pascal

    The service called Removable Storage needs to be set to disabled. If the
    service is set to Automatic or Manual it will be either running or will start
    running. This service will attempt to manage the tape library or tape drives
    and can cause potential tape drive or tape library issues. It is recommended
    that the service be disabled on all servers that can see the tape drives
    and tape library. This is especially critical in a SAN environment when there
    are multiple servers that could be zoned to see the tape drives and tape
    library.

    "Scott Shockley" wrote:

    >On a few servers I get the following error message;
    >
    >Warning bpbrm from client... WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable

    >export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. )
    >
    >I have excluded the C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\* and/or C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\NTMSDATA
    >which worked on some servers but not all?
    >
    >Is there something I'm missing?

  3. Re: Removable Storage Management

    "Scott Shockley" wrote:

    >On a few servers I get the following error message;
    >
    >Warning bpbrm from client... WRN - Removable Storage Management: unable

    >export database (WIN32 21: The device is not ready. )
    >
    >I have excluded the C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\* and/or C:\WINDOWS\system32\NtmsData\NTMSDATA
    >which worked on some servers but not all?
    >
    >Is there something I'm missing?

  4. Re: Removable Storage Management

    This article can be usefull for you:

    https://forums.symantec.com/syment/b...ssage.id=14911