Encrypted backups using solaris / veritas - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Encrypted backups using solaris / veritas - Veritas Net Backup ; Respected Managers, Can anyone help me out on my below concern (or) any managers / group site same like volume manager for veritas netbackup, please kindly let me know. We had a security audit recently, the auditor is suggesting us ...

  1. Encrypted backups using solaris / veritas

    Respected Managers,

    Can anyone help me out on my below concern (or) any
    managers / group site same like volume manager for veritas netbackup, please
    kindly let me know.

    We had a security audit recently, the auditor is
    suggesting us to take encrypted backups.As of now we
    use the native ufsdump to take the backups.I believe
    there is no option in native backups for encryption.In
    priced s/ws like veritas there is option to encrypt
    data and take backup.Do you have any idea about any
    free ware tool or any option in ufsdump so that backups can be taken in encrypted
    form.

    I would really appreciate, can anyone help /
    suggestions on my concern.

    Thanks a lot for receiving my request mail inadvance.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Venu.

  2. Re: Encrypted backups using solaris / veritas

    Please reply to my correct mail-id is gvm_reddy@yahoo.com.au

    Not to my below wrong-id gvm_reddy@yahoo.co.au

    I Apologize for confussion....

    "Venu" wrote:

    >Respected Managers,
    >
    >Can anyone help me out on my below concern (or) any
    >managers / group site same like volume manager for veritas netbackup, please
    >kindly let me know.
    >
    >We had a security audit recently, the auditor is
    >suggesting us to take encrypted backups.As of now we
    >use the native ufsdump to take the backups.I believe
    >there is no option in native backups for encryption.In
    >priced s/ws like veritas there is option to encrypt
    >data and take backup.Do you have any idea about any
    >free ware tool or any option in ufsdump so that backups can be taken in

    encrypted
    >form.
    >
    >I would really appreciate, can anyone help /
    >suggestions on my concern.
    >
    >Thanks a lot for receiving my request mail inadvance.
    >
    >Thanks & Regards,
    >Venu.

+ Reply to Thread