Exchange 2003 Mailbox backup fails error 41 - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Exchange 2003 Mailbox backup fails error 41 - Veritas Net Backup ; We have an Win2003 server with Exchange 2003 which running the netbackup client. The Server is backed up from a different netbackup server running on Windows 2003. One job contains the backup for the Information store and the mailboxes. The ...

  1. Exchange 2003 Mailbox backup fails error 41

    We have an Win2003 server with Exchange 2003 which running the netbackup client.
    The Server is backed up from a different netbackup server running on Windows
    2003.

    One job contains the backup for the Information store and the mailboxes.
    The information store part completes okay but but mailbox backups fail with
    error 41

    A seperate backup with only 1 mailbox in it also fails with error 41.

    Network connectivity looks okay as the information store backup runs fine
    but I cannot even backup a 400MB mail file without it failing.

    We have Netbackup 5.0 with MP5 installed.

    Any hints

    Regards
    Clive

  2. Re: Exchange 2003 Mailbox backup fails error 41

    I have the same situation. I am running NBU 5.1 MP1

    "Clive" wrote:

    >We have an Win2003 server with Exchange 2003 which running the netbackup

    client.
    >The Server is backed up from a different netbackup server running on Windows
    >2003.
    >
    >One job contains the backup for the Information store and the mailboxes.
    >The information store part completes okay but but mailbox backups fail with
    >error 41
    >
    >A seperate backup with only 1 mailbox in it also fails with error 41.
    >
    >Network connectivity looks okay as the information store backup runs fine
    >but I cannot even backup a 400MB mail file without it failing.
    >
    >We have Netbackup 5.0 with MP5 installed.
    >
    >Any hints
    >
    >Regards
    >Clive

  3. Re: Exchange 2003 Mailbox backup fails error 41

    I have the same situation as you guys. Have you found a solution?

    "Ron" wrote:

    >I have the same situation. I am running NBU 5.1 MP1
    >
    >"Clive" wrote:
    >>
    >>We have an Win2003 server with Exchange 2003 which running the netbackup

    >client.
    >>The Server is backed up from a different netbackup server running on Windows
    >>2003.
    >>
    >>One job contains the backup for the Information store and the mailboxes.
    >>The information store part completes okay but but mailbox backups fail

    with
    >>error 41
    >>
    >>A seperate backup with only 1 mailbox in it also fails with error 41.
    >>
    >>Network connectivity looks okay as the information store backup runs fine
    >>but I cannot even backup a 400MB mail file without it failing.
    >>
    >>We have Netbackup 5.0 with MP5 installed.
    >>
    >>Any hints
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>Clive

+ Reply to Thread