Error Message - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Error Message - Veritas Net Backup ; We are running Veritas Backup Software Ver 7.3 with Imation Travan (10 GB uncompressed / 20 compressed)Tapes. The amount of data to be backed is approximately 6 GB. In spite of trying new new back up jobs - I continue ...

  1. Error Message

    We are running Veritas Backup Software Ver 7.3 with Imation Travan (10 GB
    uncompressed / 20 compressed)Tapes. The amount of data to be backed is approximately
    6 GB. In spite of trying new new back up jobs - I continue to get the following
    message:

    OFO: Not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment
    the static volume. A minimum of 30 MB of available disk space to start the
    OFO operation is needed; during the backup , 10 percent of the capacity of
    the disk must be free.
    OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.

    Over Write media option is checked also.

    I would be pleased if someone has a diagnosis on this issue

    Mark

  2. Re: Error Message

    First, You are in the wrong newsgroup since you are using Backup Exec.
    But to answer your question, the problem is that the drive that is
    being backed up (c:\,D:\,etc.) is full and there is no room for the
    OFO cache file to be created. You can turn off OFO but I don't
    remember off the top of my head how or make sure that you have enough
    disk space for the cache file. For more information you might want to
    copy this to the Backup Exec newsgroup.

    On 21 Jun 2005 09:43:00 -0500, "mark" wrote:

    >We are running Veritas Backup Software Ver 7.3 with Imation Travan (10 GB
    >uncompressed / 20 compressed)Tapes. The amount of data to be backed is approximately
    >6 GB. In spite of trying new new back up jobs - I continue to get the following
    >message:
    >
    > OFO: Not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment
    >the static volume. A minimum of 30 MB of available disk space to start the
    >OFO operation is needed; during the backup , 10 percent of the capacity of
    >the disk must be free.
    >OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.
    >
    > Over Write media option is checked also.
    >
    > I would be pleased if someone has a diagnosis on this issue
    >
    > Mark

+ Reply to Thread