Netbackup - Veritas Net Backup

This is a discussion on Netbackup - Veritas Net Backup ; We are using Netbackup 4.5GA and a StorageTEK L40 with dual Seagate LTO drives. For some reason, it shows a phantom drive that isn't connected and I am unable to delete it. When trying to delete it, it pops up ...

  1. Netbackup

    We are using Netbackup 4.5GA and a StorageTEK L40 with dual Seagate LTO drives.
    For some reason, it shows a phantom drive that isn't connected and I am unable
    to delete it. When trying to delete it, it pops up with a blank Netbackup
    Administration Console box with an OK button only. How can I get rid of this
    drive because it is affecting proper operation of the robotic tape system?
    It shows up as a stand alone drive and not attached to anything. Please advise!
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Netbackup

    The only way to get rid of a ghost drive like this is to remove it
    from the globdb. The command line for that is :

    vmglob -delete -drive|-optical -drvtype
    -serial -name
    [-devhost ] [-vdbhost ] [-flags ]
    [-robnum rob_number -robdrvnum robot_drive_number -robtype
    robot_type]
    [-wwid -wwid_type ] [-h
    volume_database_host]

    vmglob is in the volmgr/bin folder. You will need to know the serial
    number or the drive name.

    Jeff

    On 16 Jun 2005 12:45:42 -0500, "Dave J." wrote:

    >We are using Netbackup 4.5GA and a StorageTEK L40 with dual Seagate LTO drives.
    >For some reason, it shows a phantom drive that isn't connected and I am unable
    >to delete it. When trying to delete it, it pops up with a blank Netbackup
    >Administration Console box with an OK button only. How can I get rid of this
    >drive because it is affecting proper operation of the robotic tape system?
    >It shows up as a stand alone drive and not attached to anything. Please advise!
    >Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread